General Manager, Northern Railway Shri S.K. Budhalakoti yesterday released the new train time-table of Northern Railway effective from 1st July 2011 at a simple ceremony held at Northern Railway’s Officers Club, State Entry Road, New Delhi. Speaking to the press on the occasion, Shri Budhalakoti stated that Northern Railway is continuously using the latest technology to make traveling more comfortable for rail passengers. NR has provided TV monitors in Kalka Shatabdi as a pilot project, also ATVMs, Touch Screen Kiosk have been provided at the stations. New Luggage Trolley and Battery Operated Vehicles for senior citizens, women and children have been introduced at New Delhi station. Arrangements have been made to provide clean & hygienic bed rolls to the passengers in the trains. He drew attention to the focused measures taken in the area of passengers grievances and stated that a centralized SMS based Complaint Monitoring System has been implemented, wherein immediate action is taken to rectify the deficiencies. This has resulted in sharp decline in complaints being received. In addition , True LED Boards, Display of reservation charts on LCDs and Centralized Enquiry System have been started at important stations .
The salient features of the New Time Table include the introduction of 24 new trains which include 2 Duronto, 1 Double Decker, 1 Shatabdi, 1 Vivek Express, 1 Kavi Guru Express, 1 Rajya Rani Express, 13 Express and 4 Passenger Trains. Increase in frequency of 5 trains and the route of 15 trains have been extended for greater connectivity.
Speaking on the occasion, the General Manager lauded the various achievements of the zone in core functional areas. He added that with total originating earnings of Rs.10997.02 crore, Northern Railway ended 2010-11 on a buoyant note, registering nearly 12% increase. It has been able to load 46.85 MT, recording 3.5% increase over the previous year’s record. Northern Railway is putting all out efforts to improve its infrastructure. Last year 94.22 Kms of railway lines were completed which include Abohar-Fazilka, Taran Taran – Goindwal and Jhajhar – Rohtak sections.
Click image to enlarge
- New time table – July 2013 | Northern Railways
- New Train time table of Northern Railways – 1 July 2011 | 23 New Trains
- New South Central Railways Time Table Effective from 1st July 2011
- Cancellation/Partial Cancellation/Diversion of Certain Trains to be Effective from 1st December 2011 due to dense fog
- Sailent Features of South Eastern Railway New Time table-July 2013
- SCR Releases MMTS-Cum-Local Trains Pocket Time Table
- NORTHERN RAILWAY RUNS NEW WEEKLY TRAIN BETWEEN BANDRA T.- DELHI SARAI ROHILLA
- NORTHERN RAILWAY INTRODUCES GPS BASED PASSENGER INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Indian Railways – Ahmedabad Division New Time Table in force from 1 July 2011
- South Western Railway (Mysore Division) New time table from July 1
- July 2011 Special Trains | Northern Railways
- The Revised Refund Rules for cancellation of train tickets effective 1 July 2013 | Indian Railways
- Indian Railways Special Trains | July August Time table | 2011
- NORTHERN RAILWAY PROVIDES ADDITIONAL STOPPAGE TO THE TRAINS
- Timetables and Schedule Changes from 1st July 2012.
- Changes in Train Timings and Originating / Terminating Stations of South Central Railways Trains From 1st July, 2012
- New Kacheguda – Nizamabad DEMU Train Services
- Railway Minister Announces Introduction of New Trains and Other Services
- Summer Special Trains – Orissa and Northern Railways | Holiday special trains in May, June & July 2011
- NORTHERN RAILWAY RUNS MORE FESTIVAL SPECIAL TRAINS