As a part of developing the passenger amenity, on line booking of Retiring Rooms at Chennai Central has been commissioned w.e.f. 02.11.2011
Indian Railway has developed a system of on line booking in association with Centre for Railway Information System duly computerizing the entire operation there by avoiding manual interference.
A passenger seeking accommodation in retiring rooms can do so at the time of reserving their journey ticket itself .
A passenger reserving tickets at Madurai or New Delhi for journey to Chennai can book retiring room for Chennai at Madurai or New Delhi itself by quoting PNR No. of the ticket to the matron of the retiring room of the respective stationsThe passenger seeking accommodation at Retiring Room at various stations can do so by approaching and quoting the PNR number to the matron of Retiring Room of the station at the time of reserving the journey ticket. This facility is open to all passengers 90 days in advance as applicable in normal reservation by trains.
In case, the passenger cancels the journey, the retiring room reservation can also be cancelled and refunds will be made as per extant rules on par with reservation of tickets.
This system also enables the passengers to know the vacancy position of retiring roomsat various location where on line booking was already been commissioned. This facility is extended initially to 18 stations in Indian Railway including 3 stations namely Chennai Central, Madurai and Rameswaram.This will be extended to Chennai Egmore shortly
- ON LINE BOOKING OF RAILWAY RETIRING ROOMS AT MADURAI AND RAMESWARAM STATIONS
- Indian Railways Retiring Room Accomodation Rules |Easter Railways
- Indian Railways Tatkal train Booking Scheme | WWW.IRCTC.CO.IN | Special Diwali Trains
- Railway bookings: Now, tatkal sewa only 24 hrs in advance
- South Central Railways (SCR) Introduces Token System
- Reservation of tatkal tickets to start from 10 am from 10 July 2012
- PATTERN OF TRAIN SERVICES ON CHENNAI EGMORE – VILLUPURAM SECTION DUE TO LINE BLOCK
- PROVISION FOR CARRYING OF ID PROOF FOR ALL AC CLASSES DURING JOURNEY ON RESERVED TICKETS
- Identity Proof for Tatkal Tickets Mandatory from 11th February 2011 | Indian Railways
- PATTERN OF TRAIN SERVICES DUE TO LINE BLOCK
- No advance Unreserved railway ticket temporarily
- INAUGURATION OF NEW BROAD GAUGE LINE BETWEEN NAGORE – KARAIKAL
- Indian Railways gearing up for festival rush
- IRCTC to launch ‘Rolling Deposit Scheme’ for e-ticket
- Carry Train Tickets on mobile,Laptops and iPads | Don’t need print outs now
- IRCTC’s new Service to launch soon – Now Call and book rail tickets
- North East Frontier Railway services rescheduled
- SMS sent by IRCTC now acceptable as Train Ticket
- Train stoppage to continue
- NORTHERN RAILWAY INTRODUCES GPS BASED PASSENGER INFORMATION SYSTEM