(DU) will soon make their admission forms available for its aspirants for the academic session 2012.
The aspirants can start applying for admission to Delhi University from June 4 to 18. The varsity for the first time has decided to give out the centralized application forms online as well as over the counter. The online forms can be well accessed on DU official website, while the physical forms will be available at post offices across the city instead of colleges this year. The DU officials said that there are likely to be 15 to 16 post offices from where the forms can be purchased and submitted. The cost of the form has been doubled to Rs. 100 this year.
Though the university had discontinued the registration process last year as an experiment, the forms will make a come back this year. The Dean of student’s welfare, J.M. Khurana said that besides the online forms, offline forms will also be available at the offices this year and they thought that it would for comfortable for candidates as the post offices exist in all zones. Moreover, candidates will be spared the trouble of commuting to colleges to get the forms. They have also expected an approx. of 30,000 to 40,000 aspirants outside the city to apply online.
Khurana further added that the admission seekers will get more time to buy and submit the forms at post offices as compared to colleges. He said that the post offices will sell and receive forms from 10 am to 4 pm. Earlier the forms at colleges were available only from 10 am to 1 pm and hence doubling the time is almost like doubling the number of days, he said. Also, no colleges this year will be allowed to give out its own application forms.
For SC/ST as well as disabled candidates, the admissions will be conducted by the university with no provision for applying online. The class XII board results are expected to be declared by the last week of May, following which the varsity will start organizing open days for guiding aspirants through the admission process. No special assistance however will be available at the post offices to counsel candidates at the time of filling up or submitting the forms.
A DU official added on this note that people usually do not have much problem in filling up forms. He said that in any case, they have their information center where the candidates can call with their queries. The official also added that they will conduct the open days, though the schedule has not yet been decided and one of the open days will also be recorded and uploaded on the DU official website. At these open days, the faculty and the DU students will give a presentation on courses and colleges while the faculties will take direct questions from the candidates, the official said.
Delhi University was considering three different proposals for reforms in UG admissions this year. Hence, the decision to introduce online as well as offline forms at post offices was taken at a meeting of the standing committee on 10th May, 2012. A hi-powered committee of college principals was formed by the DU to chalk out a reform plan for admissions. However, there is still no word on sports and extra-curricular admissions, though sports admissions are likely to be centralized this year.
For assistance and queries, candidates can use the following DU helpline numbers between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm: 155215 or 011-27006900.
- DU puts out cut-off dates | DU Admissions 2013
- Delhi University Admissions 2011 | Cut off list ,new admission procedure and important dates
- M. Com Admission Notice – Delhi University Admissions 2012
- Delhi University (DU): Admission Schedule for Academic Year 2013-2014
- Delhi University: Admission Notification 2013
- DU FIFTH CUT OFF LIST | 2012-2013
- DU THIRD CUT-OFF LIST | 2012-2013
- Delhi University’s first cut-off – 2011 out
- DU First Cut off List | 4 Year Undergraduate Programme | DU 2013-2014 Admissions
- DU Second Cut off List | 4 Year Undergraduate Programme | DU 2013-2014 Admissions
- DU Second Cut off List | 2012
- UPSEE Online Counselling 2013 | UPTU Counselling 2013 Date Schedule & Procedure
- Delhi University’s 4th cut-off list out | Arts and Commerce | www.du.ac.in |
- Delhi University’s 4th cut-off list out | Science | www.du.ac.in
- THIRD CUT-OFF LIST – UNIVERSITY OF DELHI | 2011-2012
- Top Medical Colleges in India
- DU FOURTH CUT-OFF LIST | 2012-2013
- Delhi University’s Second cut-off List – 2011 out | Available here
- UPTU College Ranking | UPTU SEE 2010 Counselling Program
- List of Medical Entrance Exams in India | 2012