Name of the Scheme : National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS)
Sponsored by : Central Government
Funding Pattern : The entire fund is financed by the Central government.
Ministry/Department : Department of Rural Development
National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS) is implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India to assist the families living under Below the Poverty Line. The financial assistance is given to the family on the death of the breadwinner in the family. The death of such primary breadwinner should have occurred whilst he or she is 18 to 64 years of age. The amount of assistance is Rs. 10,000.
Beneficiaries : Individual,Family
Benefit Type : Others,Material,
Other Benefits : Financial Assistance.
The Below the Poverty Line (BPL) family which has lost its only breadwinner, and meets the other criterion formed by the government.
How to Avail
The Gram Panchayat and Municipalities are required to identify the eligible beneficiaries under the scheme.
Validity of the Scheme
15 / 08 / 1995
28 / 04 / 2011
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS): Ministry of Rural Development
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- Annapurna Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- Nodal NGO Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious Students of Scheduled Castes/Schedule: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Interest-free Education Loan Scheme (IFEL Scheme): Goa
- Technopreneur Promotion Programme: Ministry of Science and Technology
- How to apply for Jobs under MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)?
- Research Support Programme under NEW IDEA FUND SCHEME: Ministry of Science and Technology
- 3 lakh Class IV employees to get benefit of 6th pay panel
- Laptop Scheme for teachers: Goa
- Update Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) Beneficiary Details Online
- Find Out Vacancies/ Employment Opportunities in Various Organisations/ Divisions/ Bodies/ Boards Under Ministry of Agriculture
- 3rd National Anomaly Committee meeting decisions and discussions | Outcome 15/02/2011
- Latest from Indian Initiatives
- NGO Partnership System : Invite by Planning Commission of India
- Goa Scholarship Programme For Diaspora Children (GSPDC) For Higher And Technical Studies In Goa: Goa
- National Anomaly Committee meeting | Outcome & Feedback by AIRF
- Web Ratna Awards’09 by Government of India
- National Children’s Science Congress starts today