Name of the Scheme : Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS)
Sponsored by : Both: Central & State Government
Funding Pattern : Fund is financed as 50:50 between Central and State governments.
Ministry/Department : Department of Rural Development
Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) is implemented by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The pension is given to the widows aged between 45 and 64 years of age. The applicant should be a household below the Poverty Line as per criteria prescribed by the Government of India. The pension amount is Rs. 200 per month per beneficiary and the concerned state government is also urged to provide the equal amount to the person. The pension is to be credited into a post office or public sector bank account of the beneficiary. The pension will be discontinued if there is the case of remarriage or once the widow moves above the poverty line.
Beneficiaries : Women
Benefit Type : Material
Eligibility criteria : The age of the widows should be between 45-64 years and should be Below the Poverty Line.
How to Avail
The Gram Panchayats/Municipalities are expected to identify the beneficiaries under the scheme. The number of eligible beneficiaries is determined according to the field report of all the beneficiaries who satisfy the eligibility criteria. The state and Union Territories are required to furnish a certificate that all eligible widows have been covered under the scheme.
Validity of the Scheme
01 / 02 / 2009
28 / 04 / 2011
- National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS): Ministry of Rural Development
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- Annapurna Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- Nodal NGO Scheme: Ministry of Rural Development
- How to apply for Jobs under MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act)?
- Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious Students of Scheduled Castes/Schedule: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Interest-free Education Loan Scheme (IFEL Scheme): Goa
- Research Support Programme under NEW IDEA FUND SCHEME: Ministry of Science and Technology
- Laptop Scheme for teachers: Goa
- New Pension Calculator | Arrears Details Calculator
- Technopreneur Promotion Programme: Ministry of Science and Technology
- Freedom Fighters / their Widows Entitled to Travel By II Tier AC / III Tier AC Classes in Duronto Expresses
- Calculate Pension/Gratuity/Dearness Relief/Commutation for pensioners | Online Calculators
- Update Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) Beneficiary Details Online
- Goa Scholarship Programme For Diaspora Children (GSPDC) For Higher And Technical Studies In Goa: Goa
- 3rd National Anomaly Committee meeting decisions and discussions | Outcome 15/02/2011
- Jammu and Kashmir Govt employees to observe strike today
- National Anomaly Committee meeting | Outcome & Feedback by AIRF
- Engineering college teachers to get salaries as per Pay Commission norms
- CLEAN TRAINS STATION SCHEME EXTENDED TO 42 MORE TRAIN BY SER