You can file your tax returns online using the Income tax Department website :-https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
Please follow the procedure outlined below:
- Log on to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Create a profile using your PAN as user id or login using the login credentials already created.Please remember the password and give a valid/active email id.
- Select your applicable IT Return Form in MS Excel and Download
- ITR 1, for Individuals having Income from Salary / Pension / Income from One House Property / Bank interest
- ITR 2, other individuals, who are not having Income from Business or Profession.
For other forms and for more information and applicability refer: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/individual_huf.do
- Fill the IT return excel sheet with your personal info, details from form 16 and bank statement etc.
- Bank details are mandatory, ensure that you enter MICR code correctly.MICR code can be obtained from cheque book
- Usually the returns are filed under “11 – u/s 139(1)”
- Follow the tips and in-built validations to ensure that the information filled is complete and accurate. You can save the form at any stage and complete the form as per your convenience.
- Determine your income & pay tax if necessary.
- The tax can be paid online, please click on link https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp.
- FAQ – http://www.tin-nsdl.com/faqOLTASetax.asp and the Process – http://iscls2redirect/HMYEFIL/HTML/Online Payment of Direct taxes.mht.
- Verify your details and then generate .XML File